Developed in partnership between the Mining Industry Human Resources Council (MiHR) and the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM), the We Need Mining. Mining Needs You. Career Ambassador Program raises awareness among diverse youth and key influencers about the career opportunities mining offers and the sector’s role in environmental sustainability, social responsibility and technological innovation.
Youth and other jobseekers need to see mining as an innovative, challenging and rewarding career choice – and the mining workforce needs to reflect the diversity of Canada and the communities in which mining companies operate. Knowledgeable and enthusiastic Career Ambassadors deliver speaking engagements to youth in person and virtually to increase awareness, improve perceptions and encourage pursuit of careers in mining.
- Enhance awareness among youth of the benefits of careers in mining, including financial rewards, working with cutting edge technology and the ability to make a positive difference to the industry and society.
- Improve youth perceptions of the sector, with a focus on mining’s role in environmental sustainability, social responsibility and technological innovation.
- Encourage youth to seek opportunities in the sector and choose mining careers.
- Develop leadership and confidence skills among Career Ambassadors.
- Engage diverse youth and organizations in mining career awareness.
Career Ambassador Profile
The success of the We Need Mining. Mining Needs You. Career Ambassador Program relies on qualified and passionate volunteers to communicate mining’s value to our standard of life and to encourage youth to pursue careers in the sector. The following document outlines the Career Ambassador profile, responsibilities and recognition: